Q: My car doesn't accelerate as it should for the first 2 shifts or until 100 km/h.

asked by on December 19, 2016

First of all, my car was vibrating like crazy even if it was in park drive or neutral. I changed the spark plugs and the vibration is still there but very less frequent. When I first run the car, it vibrates and shakes between shifts for the first or second. I feel the car with less power and it has drastically increased my gas consumption. In Hills I have to press the accelerator deeper for the car to go up.

My car has 65000 km My car has an automatic transmission.

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the fuel system to the vehicle and see if the injectors need cleaned. Also, check the engine for any vacuum leaks. A vacuum leak will cause the engine to hesitate and not fire all the cylinders properly. Check the engine mounts and see if they are worn. A worn engine mount will make the vehicle have a vibration and have a loss of power. If you need further assistance with your engine vibrating, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr