Q: Burning smell from car

I left the car running for a minute in the garage and I noticed a nasty burning smell. I wonder if I have an oil leak.

Was the garage closed or open? Have you noticed this smell at any other time? There may not be a problem at all. Remember that catalyst converters get hot and cars run a lot hotter than they use to. Perhaps your car is running in an enclosed area which may have caused it to give off a hot smell. Try running the car outside see if the smell persists. If so, then I would have a certified technician come and inspect the smell for you.

3. Burning smell from car