Q: Engine cranks but won't start 2005 Ram 1500

Truck died while driving down the road. Never cut out or anything. Just cranks and will start for 1-2 seconds every once in awhile but immediately shut off.

Did the Check Engine Light illuminate? If so, a fault code may shed some light on the situation. Check your service history to be sure the maintenance is up to date, as spark plugs are recommended every 30,000 miles and a weak ignition system may cause a no-start situation. Other possible causes are faulted sensor readings or a problem with air metering and fuel delivery. If you would like to have this resolved, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the no-start and guide you with repairs.

3. Engine cranks but won't start 2005 Ram 1500