Q: Car sputtering at 55 MPH while accelerating.

asked by on December 28, 2015

While accelerating, at about 55 mph the car sputters. If I take my foot off of the accelerator, the sputtering goes away.

Engine is misfiring Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

I believe what you are experiencing is a misfire condition. Basically this is when one or more cylinders in your engine stop producing power due to a lack of fuel spark, or oxygen that is necessary for combustion. Generally your concern is related to the ignition system, or spark, of your engine. If you ask for help from a qualified technician he will be able to inspect your engine’s misfire so you can get your car back on the road again.