Q: How do I use cruise control?

asked by on December 14, 2015

How do I use cruise control?

Cruise control allows you to set your car at a specific speed and then have the computer maintain it. You can take your foot off the pedal and ease your tired muscles. You can also adjust the speed up or down as you need without using the gas pedal. Here’s how to work the cruise control system:

1. Locate the cruise control lever on the right side of the steering wheel.

2. Reach the speed you want to maintain.

3. Turn the cruise control system on. Watch for the Cruise light to come on in the dash

(it looks like a miniature speedometer).

1. Pull the lever up to set the speed you want to maintain.
  • To accelerate, hold the lever in the up position and let it go when you reach the new speed.

• To decelerate, pull the lever down and hold it until you reach the new speed and then release it.

Tips

• You can turn the system off by pressing the button on the end of the lever again, or by pressing the brake pedal briefly. You can also pull the lever toward you. This will return control of the car’s speed to you.

• To resume a speed after canceling cruise control, make sure the system is on and then hold the lever up.