I was driving on a highway then all of a sudden when it w...

Q: I was driving on a highway then all of a sudden when it won't accelerate.when I step on the gas it vibrates and the engine light i

asked by on December 24, 2017

I was driving on a highway then all of a sudden when it won't accelerate.when I step on the gas it vibrates and the engine light is flashing and tcs is on. Still but about 20kmh but over it vibrates

If the check engine light is flashing, that means there is a serious fault, such as cylinder misfiring, that requires immediate repair. Misfiring, in particular, has the potential to damage the catalytic converter which can result in additional costly repairs. The engine fault in your circumstance can be pinpointed in a check engine light diagnostic. During such a diagnostic, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would use a code scanner to retrieve diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s PCM. Using those codes the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (often a sensor, circuit, and the like) are then tested to pinpoint the cause of the fault or the reason why the check engine light has illuminated. Once the faulty part or component is identified, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you schedule the recommended diagnostic, the mechanic will resolve this promptly for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.