Q: Car overheats and radiator fan will not come on

Car starts right up but gets hot in about 20 mins. Radiator fan isn't moving to cool off engine. Could be a fuse but I don't know where fuse to fan is. It'll get hot as I just leave it running an idle position.

Hey there. This can be caused by a number of things such as low coolant levels, a faulty thermostat, or a failing coolant fan switch. As you may know, the coolant fan switch helps to maintain the proper coolant temperature by turning on and off at specific temperature thresholds. When this switch is not working properly, this can cause the fans to come on intermittently, all the time or sometimes not at all. When this happens, you will notice a temperature spike and drop occasionally as the fan comes on and off. I would suggest having an expert, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose the overheating problem and assist with repairs.