Q: I was driving down the road and lost power. Stepped on the gas and the car wouldn't accelerate, but didn't rev up either. Got back home on idle.

Driving dowm the road about 25 felt that car slowed down stepped on gas it wouldnt speed up but it didnt rev up either Got home it stalled wouldnt restart. Unplugged battery cable it restarted and seems ok but not right

Sounds as if the throttle pedal position sensor is not responding when stepping on the gas pedal. Try turning on the ignition key to the ’ON’ position with the engine off and step on the gas pedal to the floor. Then while the pedal is on the floor, turn off the key. Then turn on the key to the ’ON’ position with the engine off and release the gas pedal to the rest position. Then turn off the key. This procedure will reset the throttle pedal position sensor on the gas pedal and should allow the vehicle to rev up the engine normally. If you need further assistance with your engine not revving up when pressing on the gas pedal, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I was driving down the road and lost power. Stepped on the gas and the car wouldn't accelerate, but didn't rev up either. Got back home on idle.