Q: Brakes locked, car kept skidding until they stopped

The car has gone 35,000 miles so far. I've had a very serious situation on the highway the other day. I had to apply the brakes all of the sudden due to traffic. When I did this, they became locked. The car started skidding and continued to do so even when I let go off the brake pedal. The car eventually stopped. What might have caused this? Is this car safe for driving?

Hello there. This is a rare fault not normally seen on the 2013 Nissan Leaf. There are a few things that could cause the brakes to lock up like this. The most common would be failed brake pads, ABS module pump, stuck caliper, or mechanical brake system fault. This car with its brake issues should not be driven until it has been repaired for safety reasons. If you would like to have this checked, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic will be able to inspect your brake system and perform any repairs required.

3. Brakes locked, car kept skidding until they stopped