Q: my vsc lights and trac off light comes on and when iput off the car and on again it goes off and then comes back after a while.

asked by on October 11, 2016

my vsc lights and trac off light comes on and when iput off the car and on again it goes off and then comes back after a while. what do i do?

Hey there. Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your ABS and traction control system to determine the cause for this.