Car dies while driving in rain pontiac damage grand prix ...

Q: Car dies while driving in rain

asked by on February 09, 2016

My car cut out while driving the in the rain. I think it might be because I drove through deep puddles.

When taking a vehicle through deep water, a lot of care should be taken. If the car gets too deep, water could flow up the exhaust or get sucked into the intake and potentially hydrolock the engine which can cause major engine damage such as bent valves or even bent connecting rods. If the vehicle stool runs and only shuts off once, it’s possible that a small amount of water managed to get into the combustion chamber, contaminating the air fuel mixture and causing all cylinders to misfire which could shut the motor down. A compression test can be done to ensure that the motor and all the components are still in good condition.