Q: Oil pressure light

asked by on December 10, 2016

After starting car oil pressure light stays on for 6 secs or so and goes off once off the car idles and run fine as soon as I drive the car for 3 minutes or so the oil pressure light comes on and while driving it will come off and on when cornering flickering on and off but stays on. My mechanic changed out oil pump and oil pressure sending unit. Any help here would be greatly appreciated...

This light will usually come on when one of two things are happening. Either the motor is in fact low on oil or the oil pressure sending unit is not working properly and may be producing a faulty reading. I would recommend first, to check the actual oil level in the motor by using the dipstick. Be sure the oil level reaches the "full" mark. If this registers as "full" then you likely have a faulty oil pressure sending unit. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing your low oil pressure light to come on.