Q: Grinding noise while turning left and right

asked by on July 29, 2017

When driving I hear this grinding noise when I cut my wheel left or right. As well as when I'm cutting the wheel to park the car. The wheel isn't hard to steer at all. Which is why I didn't think it was the power steering fluid.

Hello, thank you for writing in. Grinding noises like this can be incredibly hard to diagnose. The power steering pump may be to blame. Even if it is not hard to steer, it can make similar noises. Keep that in mind while you check the other possibilities. You will want to look into the brakes, and make sure the pads and rotors are not rubbing when the steering wheel is turned. You will want to jack up the vehicle to get a better look at what might be loose or out or line. Check your axles and control arms as well. For more help with testing, contact our service department.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr