Q: High-pitched constant beep

I recently purchased a used 2010 Lexus GX460. One owner, 83000 miles on it, it now has 86,00 miles. Two days ago it began to make this high pitched noise that if I were a dog it would set me to howling (but it is driving me crazy). No lights go on. Not heard outside of the car. Sound occurs while engine running and a few seconds after engine turned off security light goes on when sound stops. Can drown out sound with radio. Hear sound with AC off or in and with all other gadgets off/on. Help!!

Hi, thanks for writing in. There are two places that this can normally come from. The air suspension compressor is known to make this kind of high pitch sound. The third row seats will also make this kind of high pitch sound when not fully raised or lowered. Try running them through a full cycle from up to down and back up. Once this is done the sound should go away. If it doesn’t and you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. High-pitched constant beep