Q: Headlights caught on fire

asked by on February 12, 2016

My low beam headlights were not working, so I turned on my high beams, and only the left side was working. As I was backing out, I started to smell burning plastic and saw smoke coming out from underneath the hood. I pulled over and saw that my headlights were on fire. The fire melted the whole left side headlight assembly.

Headlight Bulb Replacement $92.90 - $1391.77 Get a Quote

There have been many issues in the past with the TSX having headlights catch fire. This particular model does not have a recall. It is important only to use recommended lightbulbs for this car. The manufacturer recommends 60w halogen bulbs, if you have the standard lights. You will probably need to have the light socket and headlight assembly replaced now, as well as all the light bulbs. I would recommend Having a technician from YourMechanic come out and inspect the damage, and repair the necessary lighting sockets, bulbs, and assembly.