Q: My car is spitting out coolant when I press on the gas w/ radiator cap on. What could this be?

asked by on September 25, 2017

My car is spitting out coolant when I press on the gas while radiator cap is on. What could this be?

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

You either have a leak, the car is overheating and/or there is exhaust leaking into the coolant causing the cooling system to be over pressurized and thence "leaking". To determine which of these issues is involved, I would suggest have this problem diagnosed as a coolant leak. If you request that diagnostic service, the responding certified mechanic will pinpoint the cause and let you know of the required repairs. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr