Q: Hi Guys My car doesn't want to select gears anymore. I have to force the gear in everytime. could it be a problem with the gearbox

Hi Guys

My car doesn't want to select gears anymore. I have to force the gear in everytime. could it be a problem with the gearbox?

Polo 6

The problem may be the transmission clutch is not disengaging enough to allow the gear change. Have the clutch checked first for proper operation. If clutch is operating good then the problem is with the synchronized gears inside the transmission are going bad or are bad. This is caused by a clutch not being fully disengaged before shifting from one gear to another. Have the transmission and clutch checked by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to determine needed repairs.

3. Hi Guys My car doesn't want to select gears anymore. I have to force the gear in everytime. could it be a problem with the gearbox