Q: Rubbing sound when going over bumps even after replacing the struts.

Had new struts put on a year ago at Midas and every time I would hit a small bump, even in a parking lot, there was a rubbing/squeaky noise coming from front end. They told me to give it a couple months to "seat" properly. Well, problem continued and today they replaced the struts with new ones (free of charge) and the noise is even more noticeable. They said it could be ball joints or any number of other things but they don't know what it is. I am reluctant to take it back to them. Any thoughts? Thank you.

Hi there:

When struts are replaced, they typically take a while to break in; which during this time period, other mechanical problems such as worn out CV joints, ball joints, or stabilizer bar bushings can cause the issues you’re describing. I agree, it’s best to not take your vehicle to this other shop; however, it’s probably a good idea to have a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to you and complete a car is making a noise inspection. During this service, the mechanic will test drive and inspect your vehicle to determine what’s causing the noise you’re hearing; so that the right repairs can be made.

• Rubbing sound when going over bumps even after replacing the struts.