Q: Front exhaust pipe/check engine light

Trusted mechanic says front end exhaust pipe is cracked/broken. Says car will mostly just get louder/but it needs replaced. Fine with that part, pay day is next Tuesday. Check engine light came on on my way to work today (Wednesday). Just a little worried whether I can drive on it until next week. Check engine light, I'm hoping, was just related to something in the exhaust system related to that front end exhaust pipe? And It's not super urgent? That's my understanding of the problem just wondered what you think.

A: The flex pipe is a common repair on your ca...

The flex pipe is a common repair on your car. Most shops just weld in a new one, or that section of pipe can be replaced as a whole. Almost every time I would see and hear the pipe leaking at the dealer, the Check Engine Light would be on. The most common code for this would be P0133, O2 sensor slow response. This code is a result of the leaking pipe. I wouldn't worry, as long as your Check Engine Light is not flashing steadily, it is OK to drive. If you decide to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can diagnose your Check Engine Light and make the necessary repairs.