Q: How much is it to repair oil leak on Volkswagen Jetta 2006 model?

I recently bout this car and just found out that it has an oil leak, I plan on fixing it but would like to know an estimate of how much it would be.

The cost to repair the leak (or leaks) depends on the location of the leak and the component or gasket/seal involved. There is a large variance in the amount of disassembly that might be required. For example, if the leak is at the rear main seal, there is a lot of disassembly required (the engine has to be separated from the transmission). However, if only the valve cover is leaking, or the front crankshaft seal is leaking, those are fairly mundane repairs and not that costly. What we can do is inspect the engine and pinpoint the leak(s). Once the leaks are actually identified as to exact origin, then you would receive an exact, written estimate of the cost to repair. If you would like to avail yourself of that service, please schedule service via YourMechanic’s oil leak diagnostic service request page and the responding certified mechanic will then perform the inspection and let you know in detail of your repair options and costs. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. How much is it to repair oil leak on Volkswagen Jetta 2006 model?