Q: What does it mean when the Brake System Warning Light comes on?

asked by on December 11, 2015

What does it mean when the Brake System Warning Light comes on?

The Brake System Warning Light tells you when something is wrong with the brake system on your vehicle. It is necessary that the brakes function properly to maintain safe driving practices. If the Brake System Warning Light comes on, it is important that you get the brakes on your vehicle serviced immediately. To understand the Brake System Warning Light.

1. The Brake System Warning Light will come on momentarily when the vehicle is turned on.

2. If the light does not come on, something may be wrong with the brakes and your vehicle should be serviced immediately.

3. If the light comes on and does not go off, or if it comes on while driving, stop the vehicle and get it to safety so it may be serviced immediately.