Q: Starter problems

asked by on February 09, 2017

Swapped motor with an s10 motor that I don't know year of. I can't keep a starter in it. Keeps ripping it out. I am buying the starters from junkyards.the teeth on the flywheel look fine.

Hello, Unfortunately, your vehicle information did not come through to our website, so we are unsure as to the vehicle you are referring to. Depending on the motor you swapped with the S10 motor, and assuming you have the correct starter for your application, you may have too much voltage going to the starter causing it to spin too quickly on the flywheel resulting in the teeth on the starter being ripped off. Unfortunately, without additional information this may be tough to diagnose.