Q: My 2013 chevy captiva had the reduced engine power light come on while i was at a stop light.

asked by on November 14, 2017

I was coming home from work stopped at a stop light and the reduced engine power light came on as well as service stabillitrack light and warning. This has not happened before and until i got home i could not get above 20 mph.

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Daniel. Thanks for contacting us tonight. It’s quite possible that these two warning lights - along with the 20 mph performance are caused by the same component - a damaged speed sensor. The reason your car is only going 20 mph is that the ECU has activated a "limp mode" - which restricts the speed of your vehicle to permit you to safely visit a transmission specialist. The limp mode is activated when the ECU detects a fault in the driveline. You should have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a warning light inspection, so they can determine what component has triggered these lights, so the right repairs can be made.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr