Q: My 2013 chevy captiva had the reduced engine power light come on while i was at a stop light.

I was coming home from work stopped at a stop light and the reduced engine power light came on as well as service stabillitrack light and warning. This has not happened before and until i got home i could not get above 20 mph.

Hi Daniel. Thanks for contacting us tonight. It’s quite possible that these two warning lights - along with the 20 mph performance are caused by the same component - a damaged speed sensor. The reason your car is only going 20 mph is that the ECU has activated a "limp mode" - which restricts the speed of your vehicle to permit you to safely visit a transmission specialist. The limp mode is activated when the ECU detects a fault in the driveline. You should have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a warning light inspection, so they can determine what component has triggered these lights, so the right repairs can be made.

3. My 2013 chevy captiva had the reduced engine power light come on while i was at a stop light.