Q: BMW oil light reset

I have a BMW 2010 535xi and a code came up which it won't let the car start it says oil level sufficent to start engine how do I reset so the car will start

Hi There, This is an indicator that usually comes up when you have an oil change. Try the following, which should allow you to reset and start the vehicle:

Step 1 Insert key into slot Step 2 Press start/stop button without depressing clutch/brake and wait for the service reminder to disappear. Step 3 Immediately after service reminder goes out, press and hold the odometer reset. After 3 seconds a warning triangle will appear. Keep the odometer button pressed and after another 2-3 seconds the oil can light will appear. Do not hold for longer than necessary as it will try to restart the process in some cases. Step 4 You are now in the service menu, use the toggle switch on indicator stalk to scroll up/down through the various service items. Step 5 When you have the item you want to reset showing, press the BC button on end of indicator stalk. Reset should now appear in the display. Press in and hold the BC button for 2-3 seconds and a clock will start whirling around and hey presto, its done Step 6 You can now either scroll up/down to select another item (as in step 4) or you can press the start/stop button to exit.

3. BMW oil light reset