Q: After heating core replacement, oil gone and engine ruined

The heating core had to be replaced in our car. An oil change had been done 2,000 miles before the heating core replacement; plus, all the fluids checked out correctly. Within one week, after the heating core replacement, all of the oil had burned up and now the engine is ruined!! There were no leaks and no smoke from the engine. There were no warnings at all! What went wrong with the new heating core and what should I do?

Hello. The heater core would not have anything to do with the oil. If anything they may not have properly installed one of the heater hoses which may have causes the coolant to leak which would have caused the engine to overheat. If the engine got hot enough then the oil would sludge up and appear as if there is no oil. This will be vey hard to diagnose and to prove that the shop is the cause of this without determining if the coolant leaked out.

3. After heating core replacement, oil gone and engine ruined