Q: There's a lawn mower sound coming from my engine when I'm driving

While I'm driving there's a loud lawn mower sound coming from my engine. It's only when I'm accelerating and goes away when I slow down and stop. There is no noise from the engine when I stopped and checked under the hood. There is a weird sound coming from underneath my car. I think it's a hissing sound but I haven't heard it in a while. I also have a power steering leak if that makes a difference.

The noise could be due to an exhaust leak although it is also possible that a failed wheel bearing could cause enough "rumbling" to sound really loud. If you request a vehicle noise diagnostic the origin of the noise will be pinpointed and the certified mechanic will let you know of the required repair and the cost. The power steering leak is probably not related to the noise (unless the fluid level has fallen low enough to cause pump noise). Power steering leaks can be a fire hazard though (if the leaking fluid contacts a hot engine part) and so you should have the leak repaired. The service to request is a power steering system inspection - leak diagnostic. If you request these services, a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic will come right to your location and get these problems fixed for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. There's a lawn mower sound coming from my engine when I'm driving