Q: trans hot idle engine comes on when i start the truck

I start the truck it says trans hot idle engine when i get it goin down the road it eventually goes away. But for the first mile or 2 it doesnt want to upshift. So i put it in 3rd until light goes away then swap to drive an all good until i turn the truck off and start it back up. Took it to a local trans shot ran scanner an 0711 code came up. Any help would be awesome

Hi there. Understanding what causes the transmission hot idle warning light is critical to diagnosing your problem. The Transmission Hot – Idle Engine message can be displayed when the transmission fluid is too hot, which prevents the transmission from cooling properly. When the DIC displays this message, you should stop and turn off your car. The alert will disappear when the transmission fluid has returned to a safe temperature. To learn more about the P0711 OBD-II trouble code, click this link and read the article. It will tell you common causes and solutions to this problem.

3. trans hot idle engine comes on when i start the truck