Q: Steering wheel hard to turn after alternator replacement

The alternator went out on my car. I didn't replace it right ahead, but after about 30-something days. After a mechanic put in new one, the car developed an issue with the steering wheel. The dashboard shows the Advance Trac warning light on. The steering wheel is rock-hard. It is very difficult to turn it. The mechanic said that power steering fluid isn't lacking and that everything seems fine. What should I do?

A: Have the system scanned to see what is caus...

Have the system scanned to see what is causing the light to turn on first. The low voltage conditions might have caused the problem and would need diagnosis of the code to fix the issue. Your power steering pump may of just went bad and puts out no pressure. I would recommend a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect why your steering wheel does not respond properly.