Q: I have a blown main shaft seal on my 95 Honda accord lx

Been leaking oil for a bit now and believe i have a blown main shaft seal. (What I was told cause I don't know much about cars

The crankshaft on your car engine has an oil seal in the front and rear of the block. If the seal at the front of the block, that is behind the crank pulley, is leaking that seal is relatively easy to replace. Please simply request crankshaft front seal replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get that taken care of for you. If the seal at the rear of the block is leaking, the transmission has to be removed to replace the rear seal. That’s still doable but, of course, the replacement is more involved. There are quite a few other oil seals on your engine that will typically leak after ten years or more in service and the cost to replace those would depend on exactly where the leaks are located and how many seals need to be replaced. Of course, as many leaks as possible should be repaired because leaking oil can damage external engine components such as rubber motor mounts. If you want the sources of the oil leaks identified and the repair estimated, simply request an oil leak diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. I have a blown main shaft seal on my 95 Honda accord lx