Q: Car wont accelerate t.c light

asked by on October 06, 2017

Oh k so i have a 2007 chevy impala, 3.9 v6. The service tc light came on than my car would barely accelerate and shift hard, when the car is in idle it feels like something under the hood is shaking unless I put it in neutral! Note if I restart the car it runs fine but the service t.c light stays on!

Traction Control Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The reason you are seeing the traction control warning light continuously is there is a fault somewhere in the complex sensor system that makes the system work by regulating the engine’s output and selectively applying braking. There are wheel speed sensors, brake pressure modulators, interconnecting wiring and sensors, the control computer and so forth all of which are subject to malfunction. Traction control is an essential vehicle safety system and consequently you should definitely have the fault in the system pinpointed and repaired by a professional. The recommended service to do that is a traction control system diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr