Q: I have a p0174 code that was reviewed on a scanner.

I have cleaned the MAF sensor twice, I have replaced all 4 02 sensors. I have checked for vacuum leaks by hazing the engine with brake cleaner. I am still getting a primary code p0174 and a second p0132 code on my OBD. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hi there. The code P0132 in on for an issue with the upstream oxygen sensor. There could be a broken wire, frayed wire touching something metal, or the sensor could have failed. The code P0174 is on for the Mass Air Flow sensor (MAF). The MAF sensor could be dirty, has failed, or the intake plumbing could have leaks between the MAF sensor and the Barametric Pressure Sensor (BPS). Since you have cleaned the MAF sensor twice, then check the all of the clamps to the intake plumbing and make sure that there is no leaks. If there is no leaks and the clamps are tight, then I recommend replacing the MAF sensor.

If you have replace all of the oxygen sensors and the code is coming on for a failed or disconnected sensor, check the wiring to all 4 sensors and see if there is a frayed wire or a broken wire. All it takes is 1 broken wire to set the code.

If you need further assistance with your engine codes solutions, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.