Q: I think that my car has thrown a rod - 2006 Pontiac Torrent

asked by on November 05, 2016

I have a 2006 pontiac torrent I bought it cash 2months ago. Engine light was on code was misfire in cylinder one and evap leak. We knew the water pump was bad changed it changed spark plugs checked wires switched wires around to see if it would clear the code. It still came back on.. Bought fuel injector but never put it in was suppose to get a compression test yesterday but couldn't make it to the mechanic shop. The past few days it's had a slight Tap on the right front side sounded like lifters of some sort it was pretty loud when I first started the car but would fade away once the car was warmed up Today drove out of the drive way drove about 50ft and it felt like I had a flat tire pulled over completely dead after that but now it cranks but won't start. Laid under the car looked up big hole with oil leaking out. It had oil oil light would come on when first started but shut off a few secs later. I'm confused

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. If you noticed a large hole on the side of the engine’s block and it’s leaking a lot of oil, it is highly likely that a connecting rod snapped and "windowed" the block. Unfortunately, there is no repair for this besides replacing the motor. To be certain, however, you might want to have a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your car and its engine to see if perhaps it’s an oil line or another component that was damaged.