Q: How long can a car run with a broken CV axle boot?

Hello and thanks in advance. I want to know typically how long can i drive with a busted cv axle boot, i cant afford to fix it at this moment but i don't drive around a lot or often. it looks like simple diy but i have no tools. the right axle makes the clicking sound but not often only sometimes and some days not at all.

The axle CV joint boot is there to hold the lubrication for the joint and keep out dirt and water. Without replacement, the joint grease comes out first and collects dirt within. The dirt acts as sand paper and grinds down the joint ball bearings. It will begin to click on turns for outside joints and click under load. There is no real set time how long the bad joint will last, and it may last a year or a month. A YourMechanic technician can travel to your location and help and replace the axle CV joint boot as soon as possible.

3. How long can a car run with a broken CV axle boot?