Q: It takes two or three tries to start the car.

It always takes at least two or three tries to start the car. It does not seem to be affected by time or temperature. I've already replaced the fuel pump and fuel lines. What else could it be?

Hi, thanks for writing in. I recommend testing the fuel pressure and monitoring the pressure after the key is turned off to see if the pressure drops to zero. If it does, then the system will need to be tested to see why the fuel pressure is dropping down. The system may have a leaking injector, pressure regulator, or a fuel pump internal check valve. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. It takes two or three tries to start the car.