Q: Car shaking when braking at high speeds

When I press the brake pedal at high speeds, the car shakes.

A: It sounds like you have warped brake rotors...

It sounds like you have warped brake rotors. Your vehicle has rotors on the front and rear axles. The rotors can cause a vibration when they are not straight, or have thickness variation. If the steering wheel shakes, the front rotors are most likely at fault. You have two choices to repair this -- a shop can machine the rotors, or they can be replaced.

The brake pads will be inspected while the brakes are apart. If they are have less than 25% left, then this is a good time to replace them. If the rotors are heavily rusted or too thin, they will need replaced. If you decide you want your rotors replaced, consider having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office and perform the service there.