Q: How do you replace steering angle sensor on a 2013 Fiat 500e?

How do you replace the Steering Angle Sensor on a 2013 Fiat 500e?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Often the Steering Angle Sensor can be re-calibrated when it has lost connection. A manufacture qualified technician can perform this programming for you, unless you have access to a quality OBD-II scan tool. If looking to replace the sensor, it involves disarming the airbag, removing the steering wheel, and reinstalling the unit. It often then needs to be programmed through a process of helping the computer "relearn" the new sensor’s signals. Due to the airbag safety handling procedures, it can take longer than one might expect. For exact manufacture instructions for how to replace the unit, you will want a repair manual for the exact vehicle. For assistance replacing the unit, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. How do you replace steering angle sensor on a 2013 Fiat 500e?