Q: Engine overheating.

I have 2010 Ford Figo 1.4 ambient. It has a overheating problem. Water pump, cam belt, serpentine belt & thermostat were replaced with last service. The car cannot go for more than 20KM then the temperature warning light goes on and off in short intervals. If I travel longer it doesn't switch off, the cooling fan doesn't stop running until I turn off the ignition. Cooling fan gets too loud. I had to change the v-belt again few weeks after replacing it cos it got damaged whlist driving and was close to shaping.

Hello. Engine overheating can be caused by a wide variety of issues. I would start by checking the vehicle’s coolant level to make sure that it has not run low as this is one of the most common causes of overheating. I would also carefully check the engine bay to make sure that there are no coolant leaks, that may be causing the issue. If the coolant looks good and there does not appear to be any leaks then it may be possible that there is an issue elsewhere in the cooling system or that a mechanical issue has occurred. Other things that can cause overheating are a faulty water pump and thermostat, though this is less likely if those components were recently replaced. If the engine is overheating rather quickly, and taking a long time to cool down then it may also be possible that an internal issue has occurred, perhaps a blown head gasket. A blown gasket can often cause rapid overheating with no leaks, though it will usually come with noticeable coolant loss, oil contamination, and white smoke from the tail pipe. This is more likely if the engine has been overheated before. As overheating can potentially lead to serious engine damage, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to properly diagnose the cause of your engine overheating.

3. Engine overheating.