Q: Will a bad steering rack or tie rod cause me to fail MOT?

front steering rack arms are the reason for the failure of my MOT. not sure where to find parts everyone thinks its rod end

Hello. Yes bad tie rods are a valid reason for a vehicle to fail MOT. The tie rods are part of the steering rack. The steering rack consist of two inner and two outer tie rods. Generally you will only have to replace the steering rack itself if it is leaking. Normally a worn tie rod would be the cause for steering rack failure, replacing the tie rod should enable you to pass MOT. A thorough site to order parts from is rockauto.com. Though I suggest that you have a technician evaluate your vehicle to tell you which tie rods you exactly need before purchasing any parts.

3. Will a bad steering rack or tie rod cause me to fail MOT?