Q: My steering Binds up and got stuck once what could it be

asked by on March 06, 2018

My 2005 F250 made a binding noise a couple of times while turning or trying to turn and got stuck to where I couldn’t turn left once until I revved my engine to about 2000 RPMs to get the power steering to give me enough help to break it loose what could it be and what is it most likely

The problem most likely is in the steering gear box control valve. It is part of the gear box. Try to jack up and support the front tires and with engine off try and see if the wheels can be turned left and right without binding and then start truck and see if it binds left to right? If it only does it when running then steering bear box needs replaced.