Q: 2004 Trailblazer. The check engine, service 4wd, abs and parking lights all came on and my heater quit working.

asked by on December 29, 2017

I got into my truck yesterday angrier it worked fine all day and the dash lights for check engine, service 4wd, abs and parking brake all came on and the heater totally quit, no heat, no fan blowing. Truck ran to get me home but I kinda don't want to take it back out now.

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Kenny. Thanks for sending your question to us today. When multiple electrical issues like you’ve described exist, there are two distinct possibilities. First, you either have an exposed wire that is creating a rather serious short, or you have several sensor, fuses or relays that are not working properly. The first thing I’d do is check the fuse and relay that powers your heater. If it’s not damaged, then you likely have a pretty serious electrical gremlin that would require an electrical inspection to isolate.