Q: Can I have an extension cord plugged up to my jump starter while it's charging a battery

asked by on October 21, 2017

Completely dead battery for the first time and I'm using a jump box to charge it I have a good charge on my jump box I have the cables properly hooked up and I'm getting a little charge but not enough to start it it goes completely dead again how long should it take to charge a completely dead battery want to talk box and without a meter or an auto parts store open is my only option to wait until tomorrow

In some cases, depending on how dead the battery is, the battery may not be capable of holding a charge any longer. I would suggest taking the battery to auto parts store to have a load test performed on it to determine whether or not it needs to be replaced.