Q: Can I have an extension cord plugged up to my jump starter while it's charging a battery

asked by on October 21, 2017

Completely dead battery for the first time and I'm using a jump box to charge it I have a good charge on my jump box I have the cables properly hooked up and I'm getting a little charge but not enough to start it it goes completely dead again how long should it take to charge a completely dead battery want to talk box and without a meter or an auto parts store open is my only option to wait until tomorrow

Battery Replacement $232.05 - $347.15 Get a Quote

In some cases, depending on how dead the battery is, the battery may not be capable of holding a charge any longer. I would suggest taking the battery to auto parts store to have a load test performed on it to determine whether or not it needs to be replaced.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr