Q: Slow Acceleration of Vehicle after start up

Check engine light is on, and after initial start up of vehicle, it is very slow to accelerate. I have 150k miles on this vehicle.

Hi there. That check engine light is probably the warning that something is afoul and creating your concern. There are more than likely codes and data stored to aid in the diagnosing of the concern. Remember that codes are not a diagnosis, they lead the technician to the are that is in need of the inspection. The computer sees a fault, but does not know what, how, or why the fault has appeared. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a check engine light inspection.

When your vehicle is slow to accelerate, it’s typically caused by the engine’s ability to efficiently burn fuel. This can be caused by dirty mass air flow sensor, faulty fuel pump, or even a catalytic converter that is wearing out. It’s also possible that you have a fuel sensor or emissions sensor (like the O2 sensors) that are damaged; which might be the cause of your check engine light). The best way to diagnose this issue is have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection, so they can pinpoint why your Mitsubishi is having difficulty.

3. Slow Acceleration of Vehicle after start up