Q: Starter stays engaged in park and neutral only

My starter stays engaged in park and neutral only I've changed everything possible changes I know if I purchase 2 starters do you have any idea what it could be thank you.

A: Your Ranger has two possible starter set up...

Your Ranger has two possible starter set ups. One has the starter solenoid directly mounted to the starter. The other is a remotely mounted solenoid on the right inner fender well. If your Ranger has the second set up, try replacing that solenoid. Other possibilities can be a bad ignition or neutral safety switch. If the solenoid does not solve your problem, you may want to have a local expert from YourMechanic diagnose the starting system to help resolve this issue.