Q: Starter stays engaged in park and neutral only

My starter stays engaged in park and neutral only I've changed everything possible changes I know if I purchase 2 starters do you have any idea what it could be thank you.

Your Ranger has two possible starter set ups. One has the starter solenoid directly mounted to the starter. The other is a remotely mounted solenoid on the right inner fender well. If your Ranger has the second set up, try replacing that solenoid. Other possibilities can be a bad ignition or neutral safety switch. If the solenoid does not solve your problem, you may want to have a local expert from YourMechanic diagnose the starting system to help resolve this issue.