Q: The car shut-off as I pulled into my driveway and has not started since. It will "turn over" but will not start.

+When it was driveable, the car felt like it did not have the power that it normally should but when I pushed down on the throttle to give it gas, it went. +The car shut-off as I was pulling into my driveway & it has not started since then. +So far, I have replaced the fuel filter, smart plugs, and ignition coil. [before changing the ignition coil, it made a "back-fire" type of sound when I attempted to start the car. It was a "ppsssshh" sound. After replacing the ignition coil, the car has not made that sound again, yet.] +No codes found after scanning with an OBD code reader. +Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be? +What should I replace next? [or] What is my next step to diagnose the issue? Thank you.

The vehicle may have jumped timing from the timing belt teeth broken off. This is why you got it to make backfire noises. You should have the timing belt timing checked to see if the timing jumped. Another problem these engines have is the valve seats falling out and holding the valves open. This would start as a noise when cold and go away as the engine warmed. You should have a compression test done to show a total loss of compression and a jumped timing belt. If you need verifying the faulty component, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your car’s stalling issue.

• The car shut-off as I pulled into my driveway and has not started since. It will "turn over" but will not start.