Q: Car shaking and stopping

asked by on February 05, 2016

My car shakes violently whenever I turn on my air conditioner. Also, while driving, my wheel locked up, slowing my car down.

AC is not working Inspection $96.46 - $116.46 Get a Quote
AC Compressor Replacement $672.08 - $2949.86 Get a Quote

Hi there. It sounds like you may have a compressor that is about to lock up. Sometimes when they go bad, the bearings will lock up putting a strain on the engine. Eventually it will lock up completely and break the serpentine belt. I would recommend have a technician come out and inspect the air conditioning system and replace the compressor if said it needs to be repaired.