I have a Ford Fusion 2008 recently my engine light has co...

I have a Ford Fusion 2008 recently my engine light has come on & it says i need a catalytic converter. Could this be why my car isn’t starting up right away? ...

I have a Ford Fusion 2008 recently my engine light has come on & it says i need a catalytic converter. Could this be why my car isn’t starting up right away?

Automotive Expert
Hi! The catalytic converter can cause it to have problems starting if it's clogged up but if you can drive it without any acceleration problems then the converter is likely not the problem. I would suspect a fuel problem with the pump. You'll need to check the fuel pressure when this happens to see if the fuel is being dumped back into the tank and the pump has to re prime the whole fuel system to get it to start back up.