Q: Loss of power, rough idle, and engine misfires.

I'm having issues with lost of power, a rough idle, a flashing CEL but it immediately turns to a sold light while driving. I also have engine misfires. I think it's my ignition coils but I could be wrong please help.

A: Hi there. There are several electrical and ...

Hi there. There are several electrical and ignition components on a 2007 Mini Cooper that could cause the symptoms you’re describing. The ignition coil would be the first item I’d inspect, but before I touched any part, I’d complete a Check Engine Light inspection, which will bring up all stored error codes inside the ECU. This will most likely determine the precise source of the misfiring and rough idle issues you’re having.