Q: What would cause a popping noise and shaking when turning in my 2006 Honda Civic.

asked by on May 24, 2017

the steering wheel shakes back and forth right after I just finshed the right lower ball joint. there is a popping sound coming from both front tire areas as I turn the wheel. only when I am stopped it does that the car seems to lean more to the driver side.

what can be the issue. I know I need to do the other lower ball joint (left) side but this is a contiuous problem with the suspension. I have already replaced right lower control arm. front struts and mounts. both wheel bearings. rear upper control arms. just want my car back

Hello. Most of the time if you get a popping noise when turning it is because you have worn out cv axles. When the joints in the axles where out this noise will occur. They would need to be inspected. If they are worn out then that can also cause the shaking that you are getting. I would inspect the axles and replace them first if needed and then see if it still shakes. If you want to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose where the popping is coming from] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/clicking-or-popping-sound-is-coming-from-wheels-inspection