Q: What do if I am stuck?

What do if I am stuck?

A: It is not uncommon for any vehicle to get s...

It is not uncommon for any vehicle to get stuck when driving through materials such as sand, mud, ice, or snow. If your vehicle does become stuck, there are two ways you may attempt to free your car yourself before seeking outside help.

1. Slowly press the gas pedal down to gentle spin the wheels. This is particularly effective if your vehicle is equipped with a traction system. If your are still stuck after giving this method a couple tries, move on to rocking your vehicle.

2. The second way you may attempt to free your car is by rocking your vehicle. To do so, turn the steering wheel sharply left and right a few times. This will clear the area around the front wheels. Try this method while shifting back and forth in between Drive and Reverse.

• If your vehicle is equipped with four-wheel drive, shift into the ‘four-wheel high’ setting.

• If your vehicle is equipped with StabiliTrak, turn the traction control off to try this method.

If your vehicle is equipped with recovery hooks, they may be used when having your car pulled out of the ditch or stuck position. (Note: Never use your recovery hooks to tow the vehicle any distance longer than is necessary to get out of the stuck position.