Q: The engine comes close to shutting off while idling

When I start the engine, the odometer reads 200rpm at least

Q: Can i put a blow off valve without a turbocharger?

Hello. An actual blow off valve is only made for turbocharged vehicles. This is a functional part of a turbocharger to keep the vehicle from over boosting. If you are looking to get the blow-off valve sound then there are...

Q: I drove through high water and now my car makes a grinding noise when I start it, drive it or go over any bump in the road.

Hi there. The grinding sound could be coming from multiple sources, ranging from the serpentine belt drive system, to cooling fan motor, wheel bearings or even driveshaft or transaxle. The best way to determine the source of the noise is...

Q: When I'm driving and come to a stop, the rpm gauge goes up while I'm braking causing the car to jerk sometimes.

Hello. This is a common sign of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor (TPS) is a sensor used to monitor the throttle position of a vehicle. The sensor is usually located on the butterfly spindle/shaft so that...