Q: The engine comes close to shutting off while idling

When I start the engine, the odometer reads 200rpm at least

3. The engine comes close to shutting off while idling

Q: Q: RPM fluctuates

With the age and mileage of your vehicle, it would probably benefit from a throttle body service including cleaning the idle air control valve. Over time, oil and carbon build up on the throttle blade so it does not sit...

Q: Advice on choosing a standard car like Civic or Corolla

Sure, for a Corolla or Civic, get a standard. You can find an old one and learn how to drive manual. They are great cars. I just worked on an old Corolla couple of weeks ago. It had 400,000 miles...

Q: Startup difficulty after filling the gas tank

Hello. If this started right after getting fuel, then you may have gotten bad gas. It sounds like the fuel might be mixed with something else. If the fuel is fine then the fuel pump may be failing. If the...