Q: The engine comes close to shutting off while idling

When I start the engine, the odometer reads 200rpm at least

3. The engine comes close to shutting off while idling

Q: I started my car this morning and went to put it in drive. As soon as I took my foot off the brake to give gas it shut off completely.

This may be related to a couple of possible things. There is a component called an idle air control valve that monitors the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the engine at low...

Q: my car is hesitant to accelerate when changing down to second gear uphill and sometimes it just won't accelerate.

Hi there. What were the diagnostic results? What were the data readings from the ECM? What diagnostic process did you use to determine the other parts were in need of replacement? These are the questions that I ask anytime I...

Q: Idling problems and difficult startup

There are many different items that can cause the vehicle to idle poorly. The most common would be the spark plugs and wires, MAF sensor, vacuum leak, IAC valve, exhaust leak, or oxygen sensor failure. I recommend having the vehicle...