Q: The engine comes close to shutting off while idling

When I start the engine, the odometer reads 200rpm at least

Q: Car not idling correctly.

This sounds like something in the valve train may have been damaged. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come for an inspection on your vehicle to find the noise. The technician should remove the valve cover and examine...

Q: Transmission making weird sounds and car doesn't move when in gear.

I would not want to condemn your transmission without having a mechanic first going through some preliminary checks of the noises from the transmission. First, I would verify your complaint. Then I would sample the fluid for proper level and...

Q: Car hesitates while accelerating - 1990 Mercedes-Benz 560SEL

Hello. It sounds like the spark plug wires, distributor cap, and rotor button should be replaced. It may even be necessary to replace the distributor shaft as well. The throttle body should be cleaned as well as having a fuel...